Join Us In Welcoming Eric-Paul Olsson PMHNP!

We are excited to welcome Eric-Paul PMHNP who is set to join Boston Psychiatric Care Late March 2021. To learn more about Eric-Paul please click on the “Our Team” tab on the menu bar. Booking for new appointments is now open for both pediatric and adult patients by calling the office at 617-830-1644.

New Office Location in West Roxbury!



Attention patients!! We have officially moved!  We are now located just a 10 minute drive from our old office.  We can also be accessed by the 35, 36, and 37 buses as well as the highland commuter rail stop.  Our new address is:

1864 Centre St Suite 3

West Roxbury, MA 02132


We are located on the second floor above subway sandwich shop and Elizabeth Grady Skincare and across from the unitarian church.  Street parking is free and a large free 3 hour parking lot is available on Corey St. next to the highland commuter rail stop.

Please stop by and visit!


Getting Closer to Personalized Medicine for Bipolar Disorder.

For patients living with Bipolar illness who have had several trials of medications (or cocktails of medications for that matter) without adequate response,  the devastation of one more medication that doesn’t do the trick can often lead to feelings of hopelessness.  Many patients give up on medication trials. Although I continue to see hope where they may not, I don’t blame them. It is the patient that waits that long month between visits.  They suffering through nuisance side effects, waiting for the medication to work, and joy at the thought that it is working only to fall into a depression the next week. For those that have struggled to find a medication that works, the process often contributes to the illness itself.  I explain to my patients that the field of Psychiatry is still a pseudoscience. It is not like breaking your leg. You can’t get an X-ray that definitively tells you what treatment you’ll need, and for exactly how many weeks.  But that’s all changing… Researchers in the fields of Psychiatry and Neuroscience are hard at work to increase the availability of objective data and testing for which prescribers can base their treatments off.  Lithium is a medication that can work wonders for those suffering from Bipolar disorder…or not at all.  Lithium requires slow titrations to a specific narrow therapeutic index, blood work, waiting, and more waiting. Many people brave through start up side effects and frequent trips to the lab in hopes of being rewarded for their patience and perseverance with relief.  Some, about 30%, will be, the other 70% will not.  In this piece, scientists explain how their research enables them to predict with 92% accuracy who those 30% will be. In addition to the contribution this type of research adds to patient’s treatment and well being, it may also provide a sense of validation for many patients.  Having objective reasons why a medication will work also helps to break down stereotypes about mental illness. If we have objective measures for treatments, that means there is something tangible that can be measured. This can help to remove the blame that patients so frequently place on themselves (or that others have placed on them for that matter). We are gaining speed on personalized medicine in Psychiatry which will hopefully open many new strategies to optimize patient treatment.

– Danielle Zito PMHCS BC

Screenshot 2018-05-04 22.57.01.png

Men and Loneliness

It’s a topic we don’t often hear spoken about.  It shouldn’t be too surprising though that it’s kept under the radar. Men in the United States are often socialized to keep their emotions to themselves. This makes it difficult to reach out to others, especially other males. In my practice, I often hear men describe not having other males to talk with and that they struggle to develop new friendships with other men. This is especially true after they enter the working world. On top of this social handicap, the pressures of work and other responsibilities add another layer of difficulty.  A friend of mine recently posted this article written by Mark Greene on The Good Men Project website. It gives us some useful insight on the topic.

–  Danielle Zito PMHCS BC

Screenshot 2018-05-04 16.36.15



Contact Information

If you are interested in learning more about our practice, please don’t hesitate to call 617-830-1644 or email (Please be aware email is not a secure form of communication).

We are located at:

1864 Centre St. Suite 3

West Roxbury, MA 02132

Our Main Office Phone and secure voicemail is:

Our Secure Fax Number is:

Welcome to our new webpage!

Welcome to Boston Psychiatric Care’s new website design! We are working to bring new features to the website to help make your experience with us even better! In the meantime, please forgive us as we work out details.  If a link is inactive or a page not found, please bring it to our attention.  Updates are in the works!

%d bloggers like this: